at MOTT MACDONALD LIMITED
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : On-boarding and Leaver Process
• Assist the Regional HR Manager in improving operational HR efficiency to achieve high standard of support.
• Supports on a provision of a professional HR service to the Middle East offices (i.e. Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Qatar).
• Visit different office locations like Dubai, Bahrain and Qatar on a bi-monthly basis in order to facilitate the execution of Communication Plan activities like the Food for Thought and Project Delivery Workshops.
• Maintain a comprehensive Performance Development Review tracker and ensure General Managers are reminded as well as completed the PDR review within the timeframe provided.
• Constant communication with Accounts on payroll activities and other transactions like final dues settlement, overtime calculations, and other recoveries/deductions.
• Prepare monthly payroll cut-off report to ensure recoveries and deduction on a monthly basis is captured.
• Generates a Bradford Factor report on a monthly basis in order to monitor status of sick leave for all staffs and action whenever necessary.
• Monitors the Absence management report. Updates tracker by monitoring staff’s sick leave and ensure self-sickness form and medical report is submitted.
• Assist in commencement of new staff and ensure relevant documentations and mandatory trainings are completed.
• Input, maintain and update staff data in Lawson HR database.
• In charge of cost model report checking to assist accounts in reconciling payroll and the balance sheets to the cost model.
• Set-up payroll and bank account details in Lawson for future salary or expenses.
• Assist in the relocation of employees whether on secondment or permanent transfer from different MM group entities.
• Assist in preparing HR documentation and letters for contractual changes, contract extensions, permanent transfers, secondment, rehires and site assignments.
• Process rental advance for new staff’s accommodation and liaise with accounts for the release of payment.
• In charge of medical insurance enrolment for new joiners and cancellation for leavers.
• Liaise with insurance providers for the processing of medical claim reimbursements and other queries related to medical insurance coverage.
• Supports in the renewal process of the Middle East Medical Scheme prior to its expiry by coordinating all renewal requirements with the brokers to avoid potential delays.
• Prepares calculation of final settlement for leaver staffs and liaise with the General Managers for the approval.
• Initiate approvals and release of the final settlement payment for all leavers.
• Monitors visa cancellation process through coordination with local PROs and ensure leaver actions are followed/completed.
• Understand and apply visa procedures in compliance with UAE, Qatar and Bahrain Labour law/policy in coordination with the local PROs.
• Organize and undertake exit interviews, review feedback with the appropriate management team to help improve retention.
• Attend redundancy and/or performance management meetings, and record information based on what has been agreed and discussed.
• Ensure timesheet bookings are correct and project job codes are inputted correctly in the timesheet.
• Prepares employment certificates, salary certificates and loan letters to banks, etc.
• Handles employee verifications from banks and other entities.
• Maintain and organize filing system and observe confidentiality on staff records.
• Acquired administrator rights on the company Intranet Webpage (Compass) to be able to create HR homepage, upload HR record and post announcements.
• Handles day to day staff queries independently, ensuring a fast response to different employee relations issues, etc.
• Provides overall administrative and HR support across UAE, Bahrain and Qatar.
• Involves in organizing major company activities like Staff Party and other recreation and staff engagement activities.
ADMIN and HR ASSISTANT
at CCC / Client: Al Hosn Gas
To January 2013
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi
• Monitors daily attendance and prepare weekly and monthly timesheets for all Project Management Team.
• Ensures processing and approval of all leave requests, overtime forms, and travel request forms.
• Compile, transcribe and distribute letters, memos and all other correspondences.
• Prepare responses to letters, memos and/or otherwise carry out necessary action.
• Ensure documentations are updated, allowing rapid and efficient retrieval of documents.
• Distribute and transmit all correspondences to Project Management Team via ACONEX.
• Handles travel arrangements, hotel reservations and bookings for executives and other staffs.
• Attend meetings, record minutes and ensure distribution to all attendees.
• Organize and prepare meeting invitations to be distributed to all required attendees via Outlook Calendar and follow-up their confirmation.
• Coordinates with Core Team regarding proper document management and disseminate information relevant to the Project.
• Coordinates and remind daily scheduled engagements like meeting and appointments of the Project Manager.
• Assists Project Manager on the preparation of weekly and monthly reports through the use of MS Office Applications.
• Receives incoming telephone calls, faxes and emails, and handles its proper distribution.
• Filing, labeling and maintaining document register on all reports and correspondences as per Project file index procedures.
• Coordinates with the PRO in processing the Project Management Team’s CNIA passes and other travel requirements.
• In-charge of the transportation/vehicle allocation requests and ensures that all transportation is well organized and arranged as per schedule.
• Carries out general administrative works in the Home office as well as proper coordination at the Project Site office.
• Performs routinely office works and other functions as required.
at CONSOLIDATED CONTRACTORS INT’L COMPANY
To March 2011
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi
• Receive and control all documents such as correspondences, memos, quotations, job orders, method statements - manually and electronically.
• Compile and maintain both manual and computerized data records with prescribed procedures.
• Prepares enquiry letters/forms to be sent to material suppliers and subcontractors for tender projects and follow up there quotations from time to time.
• Arranges shipment of the enquiry packages to be sent out to Suppliers and Subcontractors via following couriers: ARAMEX, DHL, FEDEX, etc.
• Uploading and downloading of tender documents on an ftp site.
• Process incoming mail; open, stamp, sort for priorities. Distribute and/or handle items not requiring Manager’s attention.
• Helps prepare comparison sheets of various materials and estimated prices to be sent to the Estimators in our main office.
• Arranges transportation, ticket and hotel bookings for the Manager and the Engineers during business trips.
• May compile and prepare various reports for Manager’s use (requires analysis and comparison of data).
• Ensure all documents/quotations are updated and transactions are coordinated to CCIC main office in Athens, Greece via VBC (Visual Byblos Cyberspace) and Procurement System.
• Coordinates with other departments for any documents, scheduled appointments and distributed internal correspondence.
• Scrutinize and input document data into the procurement system, ensuring that the information entered is accurate and up-to-date at all times.
• Takes charge with the staffs and document transmittals while the Manager is on leave or out of the office.
• Ensures continuance of office routine in Manager’s absence. Writes reports, letters, memos, etc. for supervisor’s signature.
• Monitors the attendance of the department’s staffs and assume secretarial responsibility for other executives as necessary.
• Obtain Manager’s signature on all contract, subcontract and change-order documents as required.