• Analyze and evaluate all purchasing requisitions to ensure clarity and completeness in description of material and equipment.
• To review vendors and suppliers quotations to determine best price and deliver date.
• Prepare and issue requests for quotations to qualified vendors as per companies’ approved vendor list.
• To review quotations of identified technical and commercial specifications received from the vendors and suppliers.
• Review and negotiates terms, variation order requests, change orders, claims in liaison with responsible management. Monitors performance of contractor’s procurement activities.
• Detailed planning and reporting activities related to procurement. Prepare comparative analyses documents related to specs, price, delivery conditions and mode of transportation.
Sr. Project Engineer
Descon Integrated Projects Limited
Department: Project Management Department
Designation: Sr. Project Engineer
• Execution of Operation & Maintenance activities for FFC - Wind Energy Project, 49.5MW Generation, with coordination of Nordex Germany.
• Fauji Foundation Wind Energy Limited Project (FWEL-I/II), (EPC Contractor) 100MW Generation. 40 (forty) N100 2, 500kW HCV wind turbine generators to be installed at a hub height of 80 meters. Ancillary equipment and other goods, machinery (including SCADA System) and spare parts and consumables, materials for tower fabrication, and electrical infrastructure goods and equipment.
• METRO Energy Ltd, Wind Energy Project, (EPC Contractor) 50MW Generation. 20 (twenty) N100 2, 500kW HCV wind turbine generators to be installed at a hub height of 80 meters.
• Growing the preventative and predictive maintenance process while constantly striving for 100% reliability / uptime of equipment & operating systems
• Include preserving evidence, investigating failures, meeting with vendors / suppliers / contractors to identify & prevent failures, develop new techniques and methods, improving on existing practices, and expanding the knowledge of site personnel.
• Developing plans, procedures, goals, strategies or processes based on data analysis or experience
• Provide relevant expertise within the Project in the area of the Management and, where appropriate, close out, of Interfaces.
• Represent the Project where appropriate to Contractor (s), consulting companies and service providers as appropriate to the needs of the work.
• Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the point of interaction between the various technical elements of the project, the product, and the organization (s) involved.
• Coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work to improve/manage project scope, costs, production processes, maintain processing units and risks.
• Monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and Descon standards.
• Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants
• Responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied.
• Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project Clients.
• Participating in Client/contractor meetings and resolving Client/engineering and management project issues.
• Review and approve project Client invoices
Key Account Manager
Gerab National Enterprises
Department: Project Department
Designation: Key Account Manager
• Saudi Aramco, SINOPEC (EPC Contractor), build a new bulk oil distribution WASEA BULK plant, Saudi Arabia
Scope: Material procurement and Supply chain management support to Sinopec, build tanks, gas & diesel loading pumps and structure work
• SABIC, Saudi Acrylic Monomer Co., LINDE/SAMSUNG (EPC Contractor) 250, 000 tons of Acrylic Acid Plant, Saudi Arabia
Scope: Material Supply (Piping, Valves, Fittings and Flanges of CS and SS) from different source (i.e TENARIS, MEGA, ULMA, MELESI etc) with LEVEL-2 Inspection support.
• Saudi Aramco, BONATTI (EPC Contractor), Upgarde ABU ALI Plant for production of 300, 000 B/day & FLARE system for Uthmaniyah and Shedgum Gas plant Saudi Arabia.
• Saudi Arabia
Scope: Proposal Approvals, Procurement Support, Material Inspections and SCM to site.
• BAPCO, JGC Gulf International (EPC Contractor), Recover Process Condensate Project Bahrain
Scope: (Short project time line) multiple Inspections and Material Air shipment arrangements, Cost controlling and Supply Chain Management.
• Generate sales for a portfolio of accounts and reach the company's sales target.
• Interact and coordinate with the sales team and other staff members in other departments working on the same account.
• Engaging in a variety of tasks including project management, coordination, strategic planning, relationship management, negotiation, leadership and innovative development of opportunities
• Provide support for project pricing and data analysis reporting at the organizational level
• To improve/manage project scope, costs, production processes, maintain processing units and risks.
• Develop, monitor, analyze, forecast, and report on multiple project budgets, commitments and expenditures, project progress and productivity.
• Analyzing MR/RFQ according to the industrial standards, project deadlines and to the planning schedule.
Compiling the project requirement
Sale Support Engineer
Wartsila Pvt. Ltd.
Department: Sales Department
Designation: Sale Support Engineer
• Pak American Fertilizer, Pakistan. Retrofitting of Governors and Actuators.
Scope: Retrofitting of mechanical governors into new electronic controls on Steam Turbines and synchronizing it with Gas Turbine. First retrofitting project done by Wärtsilä on Turbines.
• Redundant control of Steam Turbines of PAK ARAB REFINERY LTD (PARCO 100, 000 BPD), Pakistan
Scope: Installation of Redundant system with collaboration of PM CONTROLS Singapore. Proposal (Man-hours & material costing), Safety trainings prior to project start and Cost controlling on daily reports.
• Synchronization of Diesel Engines. Lucky Cement, Pakistan.
Scope: Cost Estimation (Man-Hours and Spare Parts required), site arrangements, cost controlling and invoice on monthly basis work performed.
• Kohinoor Energy Limited, Pakistan. Maintenance (36K/24K Hours) of 08 x 18 V 46 Wärtsilä Engines.
Scope: Scheduling shutdown, manpower and necessary spares requirement approval, dismantling of engines & auxiliaries, project progress and productivity report submissions and multiple invoicing.
• Preparation of plans, development of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Cost Control Regime for execution in line with project over all schedules and resources.
• Coordination in all activities of Engineering (Services), Order Placement to Principle for spares parts. Supply chain management in said project phases.
• Formulation of annual as well as monthly target, forecasting, strategic business plans and their implementation of Wärtsilä and all Non-Portfolio Clients by using CRM & SAP.
• Working as a Field Service Engineer (Team Lead) at Wärtsilä, performing Engine Routine Maintenances of Engine type: 18 V 46 04 Stroke Engines including Auxiliaries.
• Critically monitor daily service reports and to suggest appropriate and timely corrective action for the achievement of project objectives and goals. Analyze overall discipline wise progress & efficiency for comparison with targets and indication of areas which require improvements.
• Assisting Project Manager for technical & commercial aspects of proposals and claims of clients
• Identify and prioritize new business and specific customer opportunities through the establishment of internal and external networks, and through the sourcing and application of good market intelligence.
KSB Pump Co
More than 14, 000 employees around the world work for maximum customer satisfaction in building services, industry and water utilities, the energy sector and mining. KSB is increasingly a service partner and provides complete hydraulic systems for water supply and drainage.
Designation: Service Engineer
Department: Service Department (Installation & Commissioning, and After Sales Services)
• Propeller pumps on Balloki Canal, Pakistan.
Scope: Installation/Commissioning supervision of Propeller Pumps, being installed first time in Pakistan.
• 1500 high pressure pumps in Al-Moiz Sugar Mill, Pakistan
Scope: Installation & Commissioning within short time frame of one Month.
• Inter-company project: Winning first prize on project of enhancing furnace shop in all aspects. This project was given to eight different groups.
• Working at sites on projects & installation/commissioning of pumps.
• After Sale Services, complaint handling.
• Scheduling and costing Services.
• Providing Technical Services to Sales Department on Proposal Cost.
• Pre-inspections visits and report submission for new projects.
• Dealing with Germany office for offers of imported pumps and providing after sales services to client.
• Development/import of New Designed Parts.
• Coordination with Production, Quality Control and Marketing departments to observe Project's and developed components assessment.
Extra years of experience not listed above: None