Senior Water/Wastewater Engineering Project Manager
RPS Klotz Associates
Senior Engineer II/Project Manager
1. Rotonda WWTP, Charlotte County, FL - Project Manager for this $18 million dollars construction project which was completed in July 2009. The main components of this project were: Fine Screens, Washers/Compactors, Grit Removal Facility, EQ tanks, Anoxic/Aerobic Tanks, MBR tanks, Chlorine Contact Tanks, ground storage tanks, sludge holding tanks, numerous pump stations, new operation building, piping, civil site grading, roadways, stormwater detention ponds, electrical and instrumentation and control.
2. Cove Stormwater Pumping Station Impr., City of Naples, Florida - Technical Leader for design of a large stormwater pumping station improvement project. The project included: replacement of three diesel engine drive mixed flow pumps (25, 000 gpm each); installation of two mechanical bar screens; pump station building architectural and ventilation improvements; a stand-by power generator; lighting improvements; new instrumentation and control for pumps and bar screen; site work; landscaping and irrigation. Construction cost was $2.8 million.
Project Manager/Lead Engineer
Hibbs and Todd, Inc
I prepare project budget and schedule, develop project guidelines, and monitor project progress. I conduct QA/QC review of projects during design and constructability review before projects go to construction.
During construction, I manage both engineering and construction staff. I conduct site visits, determine project progress, review and approve contractor's payment request. I lead negotiation with contractor for change orders and other construction disputes.
Sr. Project Manager
I also managed design and construction of numerous water and wastewater projects from design through construction. I negotiated contracts with clients and contractors. As part of the project management, I monitored budget and work schedule, and supervised project team during the design and construction phases of all projects. Major project with this employer were:
1. Utility Relocation at Daniels Pkwy. & I-75 Interchange, Lee County, Florida - Project Manager for relocation of the existing 30-inch water main and installation of a new 30-inch casing pipe under I-75 at Daniels Parkway for the Lee County Utilities, Inc. The Florida DOT was in the process of expanding I-75 at Daniels Parkway, which required the relocation of the existing utilities. First, an optimal pipe route was determined based cost and ease of construction. After the pipe route was selected, plans and profiles were prepared for a new 42-inch ductile iron pope crossing under I-75. Plan and profiles were also prepared for installation of a 30-inch casing pipe under I-75 for future wastewater forcemain connection. Estimated construction cost was approximately $ 3.5 million.
2. Potable Water Mains for GPIWA, Lee County, Florida - Lead Engineer for design & construction of two sub-aqueous potable water mains (12- & 16-inch) for GPIWA. The first part of the project involved design and services during construction of approximately 600 linear feet of 12-inch water main under Sandy Hook Bridge using HDD technology. Both ends of the new pipe were connected to the existing pipe. The pipe material of the new pipe was HDPE. The second part of the project involved designing and providing design services during construction of a 16-inch HDPE pipe under Matlacha Pass using HDD technology. The construction cost for both phases was $1.2 million
Sr. Principal Engineer
Hazen and Sawyer, P.C.
Sr. Project Engineer
The second project was titled " Process Performance and Odor Minimization at North River WPCP, New York City DEP". I was project engineer for improvements to the 170-MGD North River WPCP. Project consisted of: addition of process blower, modifications to the secondary bypass system, rehabilitation of the North and South odor control systems, modifications of the digester overflow boxes and gas holder ventilation system, additions of new odor control scrubbers and carbon adsorbers to both North and South odor control facilities, modifications to the thickener room and final setting tanks ventilation, and other miscellaneous improvements.
Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager
Freese and Nichols, Inc.
After being Licensed Engineer in '98, I started managing projects from design through construction. I managed projects with construction costs ranged from $1.4 to 15 million. Major project with this employer are:
1. Wastewater Treatment Facility, City of Vernon, TX - Project Manager for the 1.7-mgd plant's ultraviolet disinfection system, two effluent sand filters, modifications to the grit processing facility, piping, site work, an effluent metering box with V-notch weir and instrumentation and control. Wrote specifications and prepared construction documents and cost estimate. Assisted owner in advertising the project and selecting the successful bidder. Performed construction administration. Construction cost was $1.2 million.
2. Lake Ray Roberts WTP Design/ Ozonation Facility, City of Denton, Texas - Lead Engineer for preliminary & final design of a 20-MGD conventional surface water treatment plant w/ pre- and intermediate ozonation process. Construction cost was $15 million.
Extra years of experience not listed above: None